In the world of eCommerce and digital marketing, your brand needs a social media presence to become and remain successful. Your brand must be visible on the internet to get and keep the attention of the people you are trying to reach. Even brick and mortar companies that existed before social (such as Wal-Mart and Target) understand one thing: if your business is not active on the internet, it does not exist. Every business and brand need a social media presence – no matter how big or small they are.
At any given time, a potential client or customer should be able to go online and find information about you or your company. Thanks to the rise of platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, a strong social media presence is no longer an option, but a necessity. Subscribers, clients, and customers expect to be able to find and interact with your business just like they do with their other favorite brands and business on social media.
Subscribers, clients, and customers expect to be able to find and interact with your business just like they do with their other favorite brands and business on social media.
A good social media strategy is a thought out plan and summary of everything your business plans to do and achieve on social media. From what to post and where to post it, your presence on social media should be well thought out and strategic. If done correctly, social media can help your brand grow its customer base and increase sales. It’s free to create a business profile on all the major social networks, so why not capitalize on the free publicity?
How many social media accounts should you join? Well, it depends. How many social media accounts do you have time to devote time to and manage? I suggest starting off with one and mastering that platform. Once you have started to grow a following on one social media platform, move on to the next one. If you don’t have time to manage your brand’s social media account, consider hiring someone to do the task.
Which social platforms should your brand be a part of? It’s up to you to decide, but it depends on a few things. Different social platforms cater to different audiences, so you will need to go where your target customers and clients are.
If you are you considering building a social media presence for your brand or business, now is the time. Social media is a growing phenomenon, and it will only get bigger. Online shopping and eCommerce is the new way to buy and sell, so don’t let your brand get left behind.
5 Reasons Why Your Brand Needs a Strong Social Media Presence
1. Social media allows you to engage with your audience. Staying active on social media can help to keep people interested and engaged with your brand. Use Facebook to go Live and talk to your followers, or post on Instagram Stories to showcase your newest product. You should consistently post quality content for people to share and engage with. The more often you’re active online, the better chance you have to increase your following and customer base.
Platforms like Twitter and Facebook make it easy for customers to contact brands directly. Use your social media presence as an opportunity to send and receive direct feedback with your clients and customers.
2. Use social media to keep your clients updated about your brand. Social media can be used as a free advertisement tool for your brand and business. Post online to announce new launches, products, and upcoming sales to your customers and followers.
3. Increase your reach with social media. Social media is that is an ever-growing community. As you become more active on the internet, you can find new followers, clients, and customers to engage and interact with.
4. Increase brand awareness. If people don’t know about your business, social media is a great place to get your name on their radar. Social media boosts your visibility among potential subscribers, readers, clients, and customers.
With a growing social media presence, you are able to reach a wider audience without paying for ads. Use hashtags on platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn to be seen by new people.
5. Social media helps you to compete with the competition. The right social media strategy can help you get ahead of the competition. Share good quality photos with helpful content, and you will be able to compete with the best of them in no time.